Philadelphia, why are you so good to me?

Today I checked off two items on my list to get. i'm most of the way to a bike- found a frame on craigslist and bought it. Also, Tom and Kyle cleared me on a set of frames for my new glasses. We went to visit the rainman of glasses in Philly. His first of many choices for Tom were the ones he liked best, the same was true for me. Kyle has decided his next purchase will be a new pair.

I haven't spent much time with the kid, but he took me down to meet Tim with the bike frame. We subwayed down there together and had a good conversation- he's good people and as far as I can tell, Tom will keep him around for a while.

I took so many pictures of intersections and mixed use and third places that my camera battery died. They'll get on here soon enough.

Food with Tom and Kyle was crepes and then a stop at a raw bar for oysters and clams. Oh, that was after we spent 30 minutes at the italian open air market, trying every cheese I could fathom and trying to decide between us if we wanted to eat python, rabbit, or regular alligator tomorrow night. Seriously, this place is the bomb. Maybe a summer 2009 spot for Emma and Carrick? I already checked out the planned parenthood- it's huge and legit.

These are my new toys.

2 comments:

David said...

what is the difference between like and love?....

the bike frame....I LIKE
the glasses frames....I LOVE!

Alicia said...

I went to your new city for the weekend, but heard that you were actually back in A2. Maybe I'll come back later this summer and you'll actually be there. We will eat gellato.